Importing and exporting items
If you have a large inventory of products on eBay, Amazon, or another commerce platform, importing them is simple with our Import feature. If you need to export your items for any reason, you can easily export them too.
On this page
How to import products
- Log in to your account
- Click on Items > Import & Export in the left navigation panel
- On the Import page, download the CSV template we provide or Export your existing products
- Add your products to the CSV file
- Next, upload your completed CSV with all your products to the Import page
- Once your upload is complete, you'll receive a success message and a report will be emailed to you
- If there are any issues with your products, all errors will be listed within the import result file. Make your changes and try again if needed.
- Once your products are added, you will see them by clicking on Items > All. You can then edit, promote and embed your products as normal
How to export products
- Log in to your account
- Click on Items > Import & Export
- On the Export tab, click on the Export button to start your CSV download
- Your items will be downloaded in a CSV that will include:
- ID (generated by the system, new items will not have IDs)
- Type (physical/digital/service)
- Description (supports plain text and HTML formatting)
- SKU (assigned by you)
- Currency (e.g. USD)
- Published (true/false)
- Original Price
- Pay What You Want (true/false)
- Collect Address (true/false)
- Weight Unit (g/kg/oz/lb)
- Free Shipping (true/ false)
- Image URL
- Variant label
- Variant option
- Variant price
- Variant quantity
- Page title (used for SEO)
- Meta description (used for SEO)
- Slug (e.g. item-name, used for SEO)
- Delete item (true/ false)
When importing variants you need to assign the Selz item ID within the import file, this is a unique ID that is assigned by Selz once a product has been created.
To add a new product that has variants
- Add or import the product
- Export your product
- Add the variants to the import file referencing the assigned Item ID
When importing variants only the item ID field and variant fields are required. See the CSV template for an example of how to import variants.
Important! When variants are imported they will replace the existing variants for a product.
For example, if your product has four variants and within the import file, you only list two - the four previous will be replaced by the two you entered.
Similarly, when updating your product details via the import you need to ensure that all variant data is listed for that product.
You can import product images by referencing the URL of an image within the import. Once imported the image will be added to your product. Adding images via the import currently only supports one image.