Importing & Exporting items
If you have a large inventory of products on Ebay or Amazon or another commerce platform, importing them into Selz is easier than ever with the Import feature. If you need to export your items for any reason, you can easily export them, too. Here's how to do it.
How to import items to Selz
- Click on Items > Import & Export
- On the Import page, download the CSV template we provide or Export your existing products.
- Add your products to the CSV file.
- Next, upload your completed CSV with all your products to the Import page
- Once your upload is complete, you'll receive a success message and a report will be emailed to you. If there are any issues with your products, all errors will be listed within the import result file. Make your changes and try again if needed.
- Once your products are added, you will see them by clicking on Items > All. You can then edit, promote and embed your products as normal.
How to export items from Selz
- Log into your Selz account, then click on Items > Import & Export
- On the Export tab, click on the Export button to start your CSV download
- Your items will be downloaded in a CSV that will include:
- ID (generated by the system, new items will not have IDs)
- Type (physical/digital/service)
- Description (supports plain text and HTML formatting)
- SKU (assigned by you)
- Currency (e.g. USD)
- Published (true/false)
- Original Price
- Pay What You Want (true/false)
- Collect Address (true/false)
- Weight Unit (g/kg/oz/lb)
- Free Shipping (true/ false)
- Image URL
- Variant label
- Variant option
- Variant price
- Variant quantity
- Page title (used for SEO)
- Meta description (used for SEO)
- Slug (e.g. item-name, used for SEO)
- Delete item (true/ false)
When importing variants you need to assign the Selz item ID within the import file, this is a unique ID that is assigned by Selz once an item has been created.
To add a new item that has variants first you need to add or import the item, export your item and then add the variants to the import file referencing the Item ID that has been assigned.
When importing variants only the item ID field and variant fields are required. See the CSV template for an example of how to import variants
When variants are imported they will replace the existing variants for an item. For example, if your item has four variants and within the import file, you only list two - the four previous will be replaced by the two you entered. Similarly, when updating your item details via the import you need to ensure that all variant data is listed for the item.
You can import item images by referencing the URL of an image within the import. Once imported the image will be added to your item. Adding images via the import currently only supports one image.