Creating product variants
If you sell multiple physical products like t-shirts or books, creating product variants makes selling them easy. You can get started selling your products today with a free trial.
Variants are only available for physical and service items.
On this page
How to create product variants
1. Add or edit a physical item or service item.
2. Once you're on the item edit page select the 'Variants' tab to display the variant settings for your item.
3. Select Variants enabled to turn on variants. Once enabled you can add up to three Options and as many Option values as you like.
4. Once you have entered your options select Create variants to generate all of the option combinations.
Below, we added the options of Color, Size and Fabric with multiple option values to generate all of the variants for the different types of tees that we're selling.
5. Once all of your variants have been created you can amend the price, quantity, and SKU for each variant
6. Once you're happy with your variants, click Update or Save at the bottom
Your item will now have a drop-down menu with your chosen variants at checkout:
You can also add images unique to each variant.
Within the variants section of the Add item tab, the option to Choose image is listed with each variant.
Select a variant combination within the product detail page to update the image displayed.