Adding discount codes and sharing discounted products
With our discount feature, you can discount all orders over a specific amount, offer a specific discount on all your items, or discount a single item. You can also share a direct link to your discounted item through our sharing feature. Here's how it works.
On this page
Adding a discount code
- Log into your account and click on Discounts in the left panel
- Click Add and fill out the form
- You can create a name for your discount code, create a custom discount code, or we can auto-generate one for you
- Next, choose whether you'd like this discount to apply to orders over a specific amount, all your items, a single category, or a single item. Also, check that the discount is in your chosen currency.
- Choose whether the discount code is a % off, $ off, totally free, or free shipping and choose the quantity of the discount you want to offer
- Lastly, select the dates your discount code is active or keep the 'Stays valid' option selected
- When you're done, click Save and you'll find your discount on your Discounts page. You can always return to the Discount page to manage your codes.
- Once a discount has been added, a discount field automatically appears during the checkout process:
Displaying discounts at your checkout
You might want to show the discount field to all your customers at the checkout, not only to invited customers. All you need to do is switch it on.
- Go to Settings > Checkout > Options
- Check the box in Discount Field
Bundling products together for a discount
Bundling products together is easy. Simply create a new product in your online store for upsells that include multiple items at a discounted cost. Make sure to include creative imagery to entice customers!
Creating a buy-one-get-one (BOGO) deal
Our platform currently doesn't have a BOGO option on the discounts page, but if you create a product with variants, you can create the BOGO deal within the variants.
For instance, if you are selling sandals of different colors (red, green, blue), you can create variants of all the possible permutations of the deal (red-red, green-green, red-green, red-blue, etc.) with discounted prices. Here's how you get there:
Dashboard > Items > Your Item > Variants
- From there, enter "BOGO" as your option, and then put each of your permutations as an individual option.
- Click "create variants" and then go in and fill in the prices.
- You've made a BOGO deal!
Creating an abandoned cart discount
Creating an abandoned cart discount is easy. Follow the steps above for creating a discount, and then go to:
Dashboard > Settings > Emails > Abandoned Cart (Initial)
- Write up the copy for your abandoned cart email
- Select the box that reads "Include discount"
- Select your discount from the dropdown menu
You can also create additional discounts for the follow-up email if you like.
Discount features not currently supported
- Single-use discount codes
- Currently, there is no bulk editing for discount codes
- Free shipping to specified countries - currently, free shipping means free shipping to wherever a seller can ship.
Start using Selz today!