Taking PayPal payments
Selz allows you to accept PayPal payments from your customers too, using our simple PayPal feature available on our Standard and Pro plan.
Here's how to enable PayPal on your Selz store:
- Sign into your Selz account
- Make sure PayPal is part of your plan. You can see all our plans here.
- Click on Settings > Checkout
- Click on 'Connect to PayPal'
- Enter your PayPal email address and password. Make sure your browser allows pop-ups.
- Your PayPal account is now linked to your Selz account. You can now accept payment from your buyers through PayPal.
- Make sure the currency your PayPal account accepts is the same currency you have set up in your Selz store.
- Your buyers will pay you directly into your PayPal account.
- Buyers will see your PayPal email address after payment is processed.
- If your buyer needs to be refunded and they paid via PayPal, the refund must be processed from your PayPal account.
What is a verified PayPal Account?
If you want to use PayPal as your payment gateway, you need a Verified PayPal account. A Verified PayPal account means your account can both send and receive payments and is linked to a bank account and/or debit card.
Each PayPal account is different, so to learn more about the PayPal verification process and to verify your PayPal account, here are some FAQs and a verification page that walks you through the steps. Once your PayPal account is verified, you can start using PayPal to take payments directly from your buyers and receive your payment immediately.
PayPal can also apply limitations and restrictions on your account which may prevent us from processing orders using your PayPal account, see this guide for additional information.
Currencies you can process with PayPal
If you are on our Standard or Pro plan you can accept PayPal payments in the following currencies and for those currencies that are also accepted by your specific PayPal account:
- Canadian Dollar
- British pound
- US dollars
- Japanese Yen
- Australian dollars
- New Zealand dollar
- Swiss franc
- Hong Kong dollar
- Singapore dollar
- Swedish krona
- Danish krone
- Polish Zloty
- Norwegian krone
- Hungarian forint
- Czech koruna
- Israeli new shekel
- Mexican peso
- Philippine peso
- New Taiwan dollar
- Thai Baht
- Russian Rouble
If a buyer tries to process a combination that is not a valid PayPal transaction, we will receive a message from PayPal and then display a message notifying the buyer to contact you. If you are unsure of why a transaction may not be going through, the best thing to do is contact PayPal and find out more about which currencies are compatible with your account.
Enabling PayPal Checkout As Guest Option
If you are using PayPal as your payment gateway and PayPal is enabled on your Selz store, your buyers can have the option to Checkout as Guest. This means your customers can pay with all major cards and do not need to have a PayPal account.To ensure your buyers have the option to Checkout as Guest:
- Go to your PayPal Account Profile.
- Select: My Selling Tools
- Under: Selling Online
- Locate: Website Preferences
- Click on: Update
- Locate: PayPal Account Optional
- Click: On
- Click: Save
In some countries, this feature is available to PayPal Premier and Business accounts only.