Taking PayPal payments
This feature is available for users on all paid plans.
Selz allows you to accept PayPal payments from your customers using our simple PayPal feature.
Here's how to enable PayPal on your Selz store:
- Sign in to your Selz account
- Click on Settings > Checkout
- Click on 'Connect to PayPal'
- Enter your PayPal email address and password. Make sure your browser allows pop-ups.
- Your PayPal account is now linked to your Selz account. You can now accept payment from your buyers through PayPal.
Tips for set up
- Make sure the list of currencies your PayPal account accepts includes the currency you have set up in your Selz store
- Your buyers will pay you directly into your PayPal account
- Buyers will see your PayPal email address after payment is processed
- If your buyer needs to be refunded and they paid via PayPal, the refund must be processed from your PayPal account
What is a verified PayPal Account?
If you want to use PayPal as your payment gateway, you need a Verified PayPal account. A Verified PayPal account means your account can both send and receive payments and is linked to a bank account and/or debit card.
Each PayPal account is different, so to learn more about the PayPal verification process and to verify your PayPal account, here are some FAQs and a verification page that walks you through the steps. Once your PayPal account is verified, you can start using PayPal to take payments directly from your buyers and receive your payment immediately.
PayPal can also apply limitations and restrictions on your account which may prevent us from processing orders using your PayPal account. See this guide for additional information.
Currencies you can process with PayPal
Some currencies may not be accepted by your specific PayPal account - you will need to check based on the laws of your country. Unless otherwise specified, you can accept these currencies:
- Canadian Dollars
- British Pounds
- U.S. Dollars
- Japanese Yen
- Australian Dollars
- New Zealand Dollars
- Swiss Francs
- Hong Kong Dollars
- Singapore Dollars
- Swedish Kronor
- Danish Kroner
- Polish Zlotys
- Norwegian Kroner
- Hungarian Forints
- Czech Koruna
- Israeli Shekels
- Mexican Pesos
- Brazilian Real (for Brazilian customers only)
- Malaysian Ringgits (for Malaysian customers only)
- Philippine Pesos
- New Taiwan Dollars
- Thai Baht
- TRY for Turkish Liras (for Turkish customers only)
- Russian Rubles
If a buyer tries to process a combination that is not a valid PayPal transaction, we will receive a message from PayPal and then display a message notifying the buyer to contact you. If you are unsure of why a transaction may not be going through, the best thing to do is contact PayPal and find out more about which currencies are compatible with your account.
Enabling PayPal Checkout As Guest Option
If you are using PayPal as your payment gateway and PayPal is enabled on your Selz store, your buyers can have the option to Checkout as Guest. This means your customers can pay with all major cards and do not need to have a PayPal account.To ensure your buyers have the option to Checkout as Guest:
- Go to your PayPal Account Profile
- Select: My Selling Tools
- Under: Selling Online
- Locate: Website Preferences
- Click on: Update
- Locate: PayPal Account Optional
- Click: On
- Click: Save
In some countries, this feature is available to PayPal Premier and Business accounts only.