Getting started with staff accounts
Using our Staff Accounts feature, you can set account permissions for each staff member. This feature also restricts access to sensitive information and helps you keep track of changes made on your account.
Staff Accounts are only available on our Basic, Standard and Advanced plans. If you are on one of our legacy plans, you will need to upgrade in order to see this feature. The number of staff accounts available varies based on your paid plan.
A staff member can have one of the following levels of permissions:
- Store Owner - Allows unlimited access to all sections of the Selz dashboard. By default, the store owner is the user that created the Selz account. All emails sent to customers are from the store's email address which is defaulted to the owner's email address but can be changed within store settings.
- Admin - Allows edit access to all sections of a Selz store, apart from the sensitive account or financial information under plans and billing.
- Staff - Allows read-only access to most sections of your store with no access to billing, statements, team settings and store customization. Staff members still have the ability to refund orders, update personal settings and analyze metrics.
Create a new staff account
- Log in to your main Selz account
- From your dashboard go to Settings > Team
- From this page, click 'Add'
- Invite the staff member by entering their email address and set their role as either staff or admin. The staff member will receive an emailed invitation to sign up.
- You can come back to this page to add or revoke access to staff members at any time.
Staff account setup
- Click the "Accept invite" link in the invitation email
- On the staff account setup page, complete the form with the following:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Click Sign up
- If the staff member has access to multiple stores, they’ll see a store dropdown in the top left of the main Selz dashboard against the current store name
If a store account is deactivated or downgraded, the connected staff accounts will also be removed. Store owners will need to re-invite staff upon reactivation.