Selling on Google Shopping
This feature is available for users with our 2019 Basic, Standard, and Advanced plans.
Our platform is fully integrated with Google Shopping, which means that our platform interfaces directly with Google so you can start listing products on Google channels quickly and seamlessly.
You can interact with Google Shopping on your desktop or on mobile, and you only need to follow a few steps to get everything set up.
On this page
Getting started with Google Shopping
To begin selling your products on Google Shopping, you will need to make sure that your website meets the following parameters (the first two are automatic when you use our platform):
- Payment and transaction processing, as well as the collection of any sensitive and financial personal information from the user, must be conducted over a secure processing server (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate - https://).
- Ensure users are able to successfully add items to the cart and fully complete the checkout process.
- Your website must display sufficient and accurate contact information to customers. You must have at least 2 of the following contact methods: telephone number, email, physical business address.
- Your site must provide a clear and conspicuous return policy to users.
- Your site must provide clear and conspicuous billing terms and conditions.
- You must meet Google Shopping ads requirements, including policies for prohibited content, prohibited practices, restricted content, and editorial and technical quality standards. View Google Shopping ads policies here.
Merchant Center Account
The first thing that you’ll need to do is set up and configure a Google Merchant Center account. Google Merchant Center is the intermediary between your store and many different Google sales channels.
Just walk through Google's steps for creating a Merchant Center Account and you’ll be ready to go.
Listing and managing your products for Google Shopping isn’t a difficult process, and is made easier if you’ve already created and listed products in your online store.
Once an item has been created for your store, it’ll need to be adjusted to meet Google Shopping requirements.
To make sure that everything is in good shape before submitting to Google, select your items, select the edit button, and click the right arrow:
Depending on the item you’re going to be listing, there will be different requirements that are marked by a small *Required box.
In the instance below, Category, Brand and Condition need to be filled out before the item can be submitted to Google Shopping.
There might be other requirements as well, like MPN or Barcode.
Once you've filled out the requirements, you'll be able to sync your products in the dropdown menu at the top right.
In order to create Google Smart Shopping campaigns, you’ll need to make a Google Ads account. It’s easy! Make sure you click the big green button that says Create new Google Ads Account, and once you’ve done that, ensure you’ve done the following:
- Accepted the Google Ads email invite sent to your email
- Added billing information to your Google Ads account
Smart Shopping Campaign
Once you’ve completed setup, you can start running Smart Shopping Campaigns!
Navigate to the Smart Shopping Campaign tab and click Create campaign to get started.
From here, it’s just a matter of setting the name of your campaign, setting a daily budget, and excluding any products you don’t want to be included in your Smart Shopping Campaign.