Selz Setup Checklist
So, you signed up for a free 14-day trial or maybe you are already on a paid plan and just want to know what to do! Here is a simple checklist along with linked articles.
Sign in or sign up
- Create an account with Selz or log in to get started here.
Speak to an expert
Book a 15-minute personal Set-up Session with one of our Selz experts. It's 100% free, no strings attached. Just choose the time and date that works for you and we'll call you to help you get started.
Register for a free online training
Sit back, have your coffee and let us walk through a few of the Selz basics during a free online training
- Getting started with Selz
- Join this training to learn the basics of selling online with Selz. It only takes 15 minutes! Let us show you how to navigate the Selz dashboard and take your first steps. Register here
- Selling on an existing site
- Attend this training to learn how to use the Selz WordPress plugin and how to sell on other popular websites. Register here
- Custom domains
- If you want to move your domain to your new Selz store, customize your free domain, or just want to know what a domain is - go ahead and check out this demo to learn the process. Register here
Add your products
Now it's time to add some things to sell. Go here and then follow the steps in the linked articles to learn more.
How will you be selling?
- Selling with an online Selz store
- Selling on an existing site or blog using Selz
- Check out how to sell on popular sites like WordPress and Squarespace here
- Selling on social media
- Learn how to add a store to Facebook here
Store setup and customization
- Watch the store builder video after installing a theme for the first time to learn about content blocks
- Add some content like videos, text, images using content blocks in the Selz store builder
- Add a banner image or image carousel
- Add your logo to the top navigation on your site and customize your store colors, pages, and buttons
Buttons and widgets
You will want to take a look at the settings tab to make adjustments to things like email receipts, shipping, and taxes.
Now you need to add a few payment gateways. We recommend adding Selz Pay for credit card processing and PayPal as an extra option for your customers. Go here and then follow the links below to learn more.
Check out the app store
It's time to think about automating parts of your business to make it even easier for you to handle things like shipping labels, newsletters, notifications and so much more. Go to the app store and then follow the links below.
- Get started with Zapier which is a web automation app that allows you to automate parts of your business or life. With over 700 apps it allows you to connect your Selz account with a wide range of other services.
- Learn how to connect MailChimp to your store here
Pick out a plan
Once you get your store looking just how you want, pick out a plan so that you keep all of your awesome features after your 14-day trial.
- Follow this link to see the plan features and pricing
- If you are a developer, check out our more advanced articles here