Setting up a custom domain with Google Domains
This feature is available for users on all paid plans.
Important! Google Domains is only available to people based in the United States and limited countries at this time.
On this page
Connecting your domain
Before getting started
Purchasing a domain with Google Domains
1. Log in to your account
2. Click on Settings > Store > Domain > Manage.
3. Click on Purchase domain
4. Click on Buy a domain
- The domain with different endings like .me, .biz, .life
- Available domains that contain part of your original search
5. Next, search for the custom domain you want to use on your Selz store on the page that pops up
6. If the domain you want to use is not available, you'll be shown two types of your original search:
7. When you find a domain you like, click on
8. You'll be redirected to the checkout at Google where you'll fill out your contact information. This is required by any domain registrar.
9. At the bottom of the page, choose your privacy setting
Selecting public means that anyone doing a whois query of your domain will be able to see the personal information entered into this contact form, including the name and address.
Selecting private means that the domain is registered by proxy, so that a third-party company's details appear (rather than yours) when a whois query is run.
Google makes no charge for this service (although some other providers do charge a fee for private registration). 10. Complete your purchase by filling out your credit card information and clicking
- After completing the purchase, it may take anywhere between 30 minutes to 48 hours for setup to complete.
11. To check if the setup is complete, enter your domain in your Store Domain Settings and click Test. If successful, save your settings.
Connecting your domain
If you have already purchased a Google domain or if for some reason the above steps did not work for you, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google account
- Go to Domains
- Click on Configure DNS
If you want to use the domain just for your online store, you need to edit or create two DNS records:
ADNS record needs to point to
CNAMEDNS record for www needs to point to
4. Lastly, make sure to go to your Store Settings and enter your domain. Then click Save.
Still having trouble?
Get in touch with your registrar and make sure the redirect has been set up correctly.
DNS changes may take up to 48-72 hours to take effect, although it's normally a lot faster than that.