Setting up Facebook pixel tracking
If you’d like to know which of your Facebook Ads is best for conversions in your online store, conversion tracking can help you.
Important! We implement 'view content' and 'purchase' events automatically, so there is no need for any additional code to track these website actions.
On this page
How to create your Facebook pixel
- Go to your Facebook Pixel tab in Ads Manager
- Click Create a Pixel
- Enter a name for your pixel. There's only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business
- Make sure you've checked the box to accept the terms
- Click Create Pixel
- If you are prompted to Install your Pixel code, click 'Cancel' and locate your pixel
Keep in mind you can only create one Facebook pixel per ad account. If you already have one, you won't see the Create Pixel button
You'll need the ID for the pixel you just created to enter into your online settings, which can be found below:
How to add your Facebook pixel to your online store
- Log in to your account
- From the dashboard go to Settings > Analytics & Ads
- Scroll down to the Facebook Ads section
- Enter your Facebook Pixel ID
- Click Save
Send traffic and test your Facebook pixel
You can test to see if the pixel is working by going back to the Facebook Pixel Tab
- Click Set up
- Click to Manually Install the Code Yourself
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to send test traffic to your pixel
- If the status is then shown as active, your pixel has been installed correctly
- You are done!
Start using Facebook for ecommerce with the help of Selz' powerful tools.