How to set up manual shipping rates on your Selz store
Worldwide manual shipping rates is a paid feature available on any of our paid plans.
Ways to ship
- Create dynamic shipping rates depending on quantity, value, and weight
- Create weight-based shipping rates on a per-item basis
- Set rates for special delivery options e.g. Standard, Overnight, Priority
- Enable or disable shipping to specific countries
- Offer free shipping for individual items
- Connect shipping carriers for real-time rates. See our guide for configuring real-time rates.
Setting up manual shipping rates
To get started:
- Click on Settings > Shipping.
- On the Settings > Shipping page, switch on "Enable Shipping", choose your weight unit, add the countries you need to ship to, then click Save.Within the country settings page, you need to configure how rates are calculated for each country that you ship to. This option is only applicable to users on our Advanced Plan who have access to real-times rates.
- Real-time: We'll contact your connected shipping carriers to obtain rates. If rates are not available the order will not be processed. See our guide for configuring real-time rates.
- Real-time & Manual rates: We'll contact your connected shipping carriers to obtain rates. If rates are not available from the carriers we'll use the manual rates that have been configured for that country.
- Manual rates: We'll use your manual rates for all orders shipping to this country.
Once you have selected 'Manual rates' or 'Real-time & Manual rates' you can customize shipping options on a country-by-country basis based upon value, weight, and quantity:
Next, you need to add services for each country. Click "Add option" to create special shipping options like Priority, Overnight, or Express shipping. Add the description and price, then click Save:
State surcharges are also available for some countries (United States, Canada, and Australia) and are applied to any orders shipping to your chosen State by clicking on "Add surcharge", choosing the State, adding the price and clicking save:
Variable shipping is now set for all physical items in your store. If you have selected weight-based calculations you need to add the weight to each of your items. Edit existing physical items from Items > Options > Edit on an individual product listing.
Your variable shipping rates will now be applied during checkout: