Connecting Selz to ShipStation via Zapier
Send your orders to ShipStation with Selz and Zapier, a web automation app that allows you to automate parts of your business or life.
To learn more about getting set up with Zapier check out this article and then follow the steps below.
The first step is to select Selz and the New Order Trigger:
- Once selected you'll need to Connect your Selz account. Once signed in you'll need to accept some permissions to ensure Zapier can talk to your Selz account.
- Now you can configure the New Order Trigger. If you want to apply the automation to all products simply leave this field blank. If you wish to automate a specific product choose which one from the drop-down.
- Zapier will test that it can successfully connect to your Selz account and perform the New Order Trigger.
- Select ShipStation from the Action list. Once selected you'll need to select the Create Order Action.
- You'll then need to Connect your ShipStation account, so sign into ShipStation. You'll need to obtain your API key. This is under Settings > Account > API Settings
- Select to Generate New API Keys
- Once generated you'll need to copy both the API key and API secret details and paste them when connecting your ShipStation account.
Once connected you'll need to assign what happens when an Action is performed. You need to assign the appropriate Selz fields to the appropriate ShipStation fields.
Order # (ShipStation) = Reference ID (Selz)
Order Status (ShipStation) = Awaiting Shipment (Selz)
Unique ID (ShipStation) = Reference ID (Selz)
Order Date (ShipStation) = Created Time (Selz)
Buyer Name (ShipStation) = Customer First Name & Customer Last Name (Selz)
Payment Date (ShipStation) = Created Time (Selz)
Buyer Email (ShipStation) = Customer Email (Selz)
Recipient Name (ShipStation) = Customer First Name & Customer Last Name (Selz)
Recipient Company (ShipStation) = Customer Company (Selz)
Recipient Address (Line 1) (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address Line1 (Selz)
Recipient Address (Line 2) (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address Line2 (Selz)
Recipient City (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address City (Selz)
Recipient State (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address State Code (Selz)
Recipient Postal Code (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address Post Code (Selz)
Recipient Country Code (ShipStation) = Customer Delivery Address Country Code (Selz)
Amount Paid (ShipStation) = Total Price (Selz)
Shipping Paid (ShipStation) = Total Shipping (Selz)
Item Name (ShipStation) = Items Product Title (Selz)
Item Quantity (ShipStation) = Items Quantity (Selz)
Item Unit Price (ShipStation) = Items Unit Price (Selz)
Zapier will test that it can collect the relevant data from Selz and pass it to ShipStation. If you provide both Digital and Physical products it's best to make sure the test Selz order Zapier pulled from your Selz account is an order for a physical item. This will allow Zapier to perform the relevant tests successfully. The best way to do this is to process a free physical order through Selz before testing your Selz account.
Once Zapier is happy that the Zap will work you can turn it on and give it a name. You're now ready enjoy all the automagic and get back to running your business.