Updating order and customer information
As a Selz seller, you can update details for a single order. This is particularly beneficial if a customer has entered the wrong shipping address or made a mistake when entering their email address, name, or company during checkout.
How to update a single order
- Log into your Selz account and click on Orders > All
- Find the order you want to update by using the search bar, open the order detail page, then click on More > Edit customer
- A pop-up will open with the customer information for that order.
- Adjust the customer information as needed for the order and click Update.
- The update to the order will affect only this particular order. If you want to update your entire customer's profile information, keep reading.
How to update the customer information
You can also update a customer profile to accurately reflect their information. Whether you want to edit their shipping address, name, or email address where they receive order confirmation emails and product updates, this is particularly helpful for propagating your customer's information.
How to update customer details for all orders:
- Log into your Selz account and click on Customers
- Find the customer and open the customer detail page, then click on Edit
- This will open a popup with the customer information. Update the appropriate information.
- Lastly, click the checkbox at the bottom to Update customer orders if you want to update all previous orders for this customer with the new information.
- Click Update and you're done!
Editing and choosing to update customer's orders this way means that all previous order information will be overridden and cannot be recovered. If your customer profile is updated, it will override existing and previous orders that may not have been fulfilled yet. If your customer changes their email address or has a new shipping address, it might be good to update their customer profile. You do not need to update all your customer's orders to use this feature.