Categories and Menus
Take a minute to jot down the different ways your products could be divided up. Perhaps by product type:
Create your categories
- Head over to your Selz dashboard and click on Categories.Then, click on ‘New category’ and give it a name.
- You can assign the category to a 'Parent' category. This then creates a Parent > Child relationship where the 'Child' category will be displayed beneath the 'Parent' category within your Store.
- For example - Women might be the parent category and then the subcategories could be: Shoes, Shirts, Accessories - you get the idea.
Note: Parent and Child categories are only available for those on a paid plan with a theme installed.
Customizing your categories
- You can update the URL for your category pages.
- Upload an image to represent your category within your store.
- Choose how you want items to be sorted within your category page.
- You’ll also want to add the appropriate existing products to the category from this page.
Create Your Main Menu and Footer Menu
Customize your navigationThere are additional options within the design settings of your theme on how your menu is displayed within your store.
- Mega Menu: Displays your categories within a larger menu style which can display products and categories.
- Display products: Displays products from your first category within the mega menu. This is useful to feature specific items.
- Display category images: Displays category images for each of your categories within the mega menu.
Customize your category pages
You can also configure how categories are displayed within your category pages. You can choose how much information is displayed for each category, the number of items within the category and the category name.
- Display products: Allows you to display products from Child categories within Parent category pages. If 'Display product' options are disabled then Child categories are represented using the category image.