Setting your language
Our platform offers exceptional business resources to sellers all over the world, is built for use with many languages.
On this page
How to set your online store language
- Log into your account
- Click on Settings > Store > General
- Scroll down to Language
- From the drop-down menu, select the language you would like your store to be in:
This will affect your store, checkout, embeds, emails and invoices.
Important! you can only have one active language in your store at a time.
The active language you set in the editor will also affect the way your currency is displayed to your buyers.
How to set your admin language
- From your dashboard, click Settings > Account
- Scroll down to Language and select an option from the drop-down menu
- This will affect the dashboard and emails for your account only
Translating your online store theme
How to translate your theme
- From your dashboard, click on Store > Installed Themes
- Make sure that your published theme is up to date. If there is an update available click Update before continuing to the next step.
- Click on the drop-down arrow of your active theme and select Edit Languages
- Customize the translations
- Within the Language Editor, you can make changes to the labels and text used throughout your online store
How to add a language to your online store
Add a language to your store
- From the Language Editor page, Click Add language and scroll to your preferred language
- Once you have added a language you can get to work on translating the copy.
- We provide you with the default translation in English right below each text field.
- Click Save
To see your changes, head to your online store.
- You won't be able to make changes to brand-specific labels like ‘Tweet’ for Twitter or ‘Pin’ for Pinterest
- The active language you set in the editor will also affect the way your currency is displayed to your buyers
- Some of these labels in the store builder will not be available for your customers to view