Creating a service product
1. Sign in to your account, click on Items > All > Add an item, then click on Service
2. Add your service name, description and add a preview file. Your file can be an image, or a video giving a demo of your service you'd like to showcase. See the details below on how to create a great service product description.
3. Next, confirm your currency, add your price, quantity, and SKU if applicable
4. When you're happy with the item listing, click on Save, and you are done!
Important notes on selling services
Proof of delivery
If you deliver a digital or physical product, it's easy for us to prove the delivery of your product. With services, you rely on your buyer to acknowledge the service has been provided. To build your service business on our platform, you must be able to prove you have provided the service.
This can be very easy. You could collect an email receipt from each of your buyers as proof. If you are delivering the service in person, you could collect a physically signed receipt. You don't need to send us this proof unless your customer raises a dispute.
In that case, you will need to send us proof you provided the service. If you aren't able to provide us with proof, the dispute will be ruled in favor of your buyer and we may no longer be able to provide you with service.
Detailed product descriptions are important
When selling services, your items should always include a detailed description of exactly what your buyer receives, how they receive it, and when it will be received.
Try following this format for your service product descriptions:
Tell your customers what you will be providing. Tell them how you will provide the service and the benefits of your service.
Make a detailed list of every aspect of the service you will be providing. Don't leave anything out and take the opportunity to sell how comprehensive your service offering is.
What you will get
List any specific benefits, changes, and improvements your customer will receive from your service.
This could be what the customer will come away with, like one of these examples:
- Improved small business marketing
- A blueprint for better health
- Increased knowledge of creating digital art
If there are any special terms and conditions about your product, you absolutely must list them here.
If for instance, your service won't work for some people, then you should state it clearly here.
This is where you outline how you will collect proof of delivery. It outlines how you will later prove your customer has received your services.
Here is a great services product description example:
This Business Mentoring Session is for small business owners who passionately believe in their business, but who work too hard and don't have time to step back and think about why they started their business in the first place.
This session comes in two parts; the first is a practical, face-to-face consultation which helps me understand your business and how you want it to work for you. The second is a follow-up face-to-face consultation, which helps you think about your business in a different way.
Finally, I will provide you with a written report, summarizing everything we have talked about and ending a tried and true roadmap for you to put your business objectives and life objectives on-track.
In this Business Mentoring Session, you will receive
Part 1: A 1-hour consultation with me either in person or via Skype where we will:
- Run through a checklist to give me a thorough understanding of your business and your personal goals.
- Talk about your successes and your failures to date. The failures are the most important part!
- Talk about your vision of happiness - what does success look like for you in 1, 5 and 10 years time?
Part 2: A follow-up consultation with me either in person or via Skype
- I will give you my initial view of the challenges you face and my thoughts on a plan to address them.
- We will talk about the strategy I am proposing and work together to refine the details.
- We will talk about the Focus Plan
- Within 3-business days, I will send you a "Focus Plan", being a written summary of everything we discussed and a roadmap for delivering your desired outcomes.
I can only attend face-to-face meetings in the Boulder, Colorado (US) area, otherwise, sessions are conducted on Skype.
If we make an appointment, I will be there. If for any reason you cannot be there or you need to cancel, you need to tell me at least 48-hours before the session starts. Otherwise, I will not be able to provide a refund.
Refunds and proof of sale
In more than a decade of business coaching, not one of my clients has asked for a refund! Nonetheless, if you are not 100% happy I want to make sure you either allow me to fix the situation, or I will, of course, provide a full refund.
After our first session, I will send you an email asking you to acknowledge the service has been provided. If you don't want to go ahead with the second session and receive your written Focus Plan then you must write back and tell me at least 48 hours before the session is due.
I look forward to working with you!